What are customer statements and when should I use them?

Comments

• DonovanDonovan Member Posts: 5

@Donovan said:
    _> @JamieD said:

Hey @AndrewCW! Adding an outstanding amount owed would essentially need to be added via creating an invoice that's outstanding in Wave and technically overdue. From there, you would be able to see the total amount owing to you from the customer (based on the overdue amount) + other invoices that haven't been added as overdue. There isn't a way to manually add a total outstanding amount of what would need to be paid out to you, although this could possibly be something that we add in the future._

I don't know if this has been asked before but here goes...
    I have a product that is paid off over several months in equal monthly repayments. I would like to show the customer a statement with the full amount of the agreement, and then the repayments received and actual outstanding balance per month.

Is this possible?

I have not seen a response to my question...
    Any advice?

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Donovan

This is unfortunately not possible in Wave. You cannot a statement through the customer statements that is tied to a balance on your product. You could in theory head to your reports page and find the balance for that product's individual account and download it and share it with them monthly. This is definitely a workaround, but it could be possible!

• LilladyvinylLilladyvinyl Member Posts: 10

doesn't work

• DonovanDonovan Member Posts: 5
    > @BarsinA said:
    > Hey there @Donovan
    >
    > This is unfortunately not possible in Wave. You cannot a statement through the customer statements that is tied to a balance on your product. You could in theory head to your reports page and find the balance for that product's individual account and download it and share it with them monthly. This is definitely a workaround, but it could be possible!

@BarsinA

Thank you. It's sad as some customers buy om consignment and it creates a lot of work and manual administration each moth to manually calculate outstanding balances.
    Is this something Wave would consider as an enhancement?
  • LieselLiesel Member Posts: 4

Can the system give me an outstanding invoice report where I can enter the start and end date? My clients need report / statement like that. I use to be able to do so on the previous version of statements. I really need that function back asap. Who can help me?

can we download reports to Excel?

Can we download statement to excel?

Hey @Donovan

To be honest I can't exactly make a note as to whether this would be considered by our accounting developers as an update in the future. I will say that they do often scour the community for insight into future updates. So I appreciate you reaching out about this feature idea!

Hi @Liesel

You can download reports to excel. At the top right of your reports you should see an export button. If you select the CSV button, these files are typically able to be opened by a spreadsheet!

Regarding downloading customer statements... At this time unfortunately you cannot download them or open them in other programs. You can only send a customer statement if you head to Sales > Customer statements. My apologies about this. Our team is aware of this ask and looking to build a download button for customer statements!

• EmmaPEmmaP Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi @teresac! Our team have let me know that the have investigated the issue and found a bug that was causing the Account Activity statement to report incorrectly. It should now be resolved so it includes the dates correctly for payments. Let us know if not!

• WUMUNSWUMUNS Member Posts: 2

Is it possible to generate what is now called an "Account activity" statement without a date limitation (or with an end date in the future)? I used to be able to send a customer one link to the account statement with an end date of 12-31-3000 so that the customer could always see all account activity without me having to resend a statement. This had saved so much time for me and my customers.

• LucidCGLucidCG Member Posts: 1

It would be super helpful if the following two features are implemented:

1 - Recurring interest / late fees (flat fee or simple / compound interest options) every X number of days (a reminder could go out automatically X days prior to the fee kicking in)

2 - Retaining and being able to see the complete viewing history of an invoice (not just the last viewed date)

• DionneDionne Member Posts: 1

Is it possible to send a statement, with just the current month That you have invoiced .Without any other balances .my client is having issues working this out as it states outstanding balance . I’m sure this was possible before.

• westcoast_925westcoast_925 Member Posts: 3

It would be helpful if statements could show both the invoice number and also a short description of the invoice itself, perhaps just the Subject line of each invoice. When I mail paper statements to clients, they can only see the invoice numbers but not any descriptions of what they are paying for.

It would also be great if there were an option to send recurring monthly statements the same way we now send recurring invoices.

Thank you!

• FanieFanie Member Posts: 3

Good day,
    Customers are now reporting that they are unable to open the statements sent to them.
    Has anything been changed in the software causing this problem or do you have any explanation for this?
    We have only experienced this problem once before.
    Please advise. Thanks.

Fanie

Hey @Nathaniel

Unfortunately this type of 'live' statement that auto-updates does not exist in Wave. You will need to send manual statements to them unfortunately! But thanks for bringing this to our attention as a feature idea.

Hi @Dionne

Have you tried using our date filter on the Sales > Customer Statements section? I understand that there will be a total balance and unfortunately that cannot be erased when sending your statement :disappointed:

Hey @Fanie

Is this the case with all of your customers or just a few? Typically this might lead me to believe the issue might be a localized one which could be solved by some browser cache and cookie clearing, or potential issues with their network which they could solve with their IT department.

• Noah_TNoah_T Member Posts: 1

When will a feature be added for customers who like to prepay for service? For example I'd like to add $1,000.00 to someone's account and have their monthly invoices draw from it.

• Kristin_4_wellnessKristin_4_wellness Member Posts: 1

My customers' payments did not show up in statements for the date ranges they made payments. Must I have an invoice for each instead of just adding them to categorized income on deposits made to my checking account?

• Jpach2000Jpach2000 Member Posts: 1

Is there an option to send the customer statement along with each individual invoice paged separately to the customer ?.
    thanks,

Hey @Noah_T

This sounds like a project based accounting software which Wave is more transaction based. My apologies but nothing in this regard yet. But if you created a specific account for that client, you could in theory create a journal transaction to debit the account giving them a negative value.

Hi @Kristin_4_wellness
    When was the invoice payment due versus when did they make actual payments?

@Jpach2000

Unfortunately this is not possible in Wave :(

They should be able to click into each invoice though when you send them a statement. If you haven't seen the receiving side of a statement I'd recommend sending yourself one to test!

• gongon Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    Since it's not possible to include "previous balance" to the invoice, is it possible to use the same link of "outstanding invoices" to customers? I want to include this link to their invoice.
    Thanks.

• dngallerydngallery Member Posts: 1

Thanks for clarification well understood.

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@gon You can post the link to the Customer Statement as a note or memo on the invoice - make sure to include a small message to your client so they understand what they are looking at!

• gunandposesgunandposes Member Posts: 1

I really would love a shortcut to emailing/ viewing a full customer activity statement instead of having to select a date range. 1 click full customer report. If you want to be fancy you could add dropdowns of ranges like all, 5 years, 1 year, 6m, 1m, 1w or something like that.

• TerenceTobinTerenceTobin Member Posts: 5

Is it possible to automate statements to all those with outstanding balances on a set date each month?

• CassBritzCassBritz Member Posts: 1

I am so glad that this is finally here! Not sure how long it has been available, but printing from the HTML page was a real drag. Now I can just click print! I am so happy! Thank you very very much for this feature!

• Trout310Trout310 Member Posts: 2

Any way to automatically send a statement each month?

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all! Thank you so much for your feedback and further ideas here! Definitely appreciate the input. This is a great space to continue sharing your ideas. At present, we do not have a way to automatically send out customer statements within Wave.

• SMHSMH Member Posts: 2

Just tried to use this. It would be helpful to be able to download the statement to send via an email attachment rather than it all being online.

• Judith JonesJudith Jones Member Posts: 5

Yay! I really like this ability now to print out both outstanding bills AND full Account Activity. Great idea!