What are customer statements and when should I use them?

Comments

• siegesiege Member Posts: 3

Is it possible to view statements that have been previously sent to a customer?

• NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@SMH @Judith Jones Love the feedback! Hopefully we can create this in the future to make it easier for your customers to view!

@siege Can you elaborate on what you mean by seeing the statements you previously sent? Our Customer Statements are kept up-to-date in real time based on any invoicing, payment or accounting activity that may have occurred on your account. We aren't able to pull past versions of the Customer Statement.

• siegesiege Member Posts: 3

@NicoletteB said:
    @siege Can you elaborate on what you mean by seeing the statements you previously sent? Our Customer Statements are kept up-to-date in real time based on any invoicing, payment or accounting activity that may have occurred on your account. We aren't able to pull past versions of the Customer Statement.

Thanks @NicoletteB - what I was hoping for was a record of when a statement has been sent. For example, I am chasing two clients for late payments at the moment. I do this by sending them their statement. I may then let 2-4 weeks go before following up. It would be helpful to be able to see that Customer X had a statement sent on DD/MM/YYYY with the amount of $xyz owing.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@siege Thanks for that insight and suggestion. We recently underwent a change in the way that Customer Statements function so this feedback is extremely helpful. While this doesn't currently exist, I'll be happy to pass this along for consideration. In the meantime, if you are looking to audit this as a mandatory business action, you may want to consider using a share link and sending a manual email from your business inbox, instead of Wave. This would allow you to have access to the dates that it was sent on, while also still providing them with the customer statement. I totally acknowledge that this is an additional step, however, while Wave doesn't offer this feature, the outlined workflow may allow you to track the information should you require it often.

• GoldensGoldens Member Posts: 3

It would be very helpful to create a PDF statement to send to our customers.

• LividLivid Member Posts: 2

Would be great if sending a statement to a customer allowed them to make a single payment that would automatically apply to all outstanding invoices. Customers don't like having to sit and pay each individual invoice and IMO making payments easier for customers, with out a doubt, would make us all more money faster.

• FredMaunzeFredMaunze Member Posts: 1

This is with regards to payment allocation, is there a way of recording a large payment then doing a bulk allocation to the relevant invoices. A few clients of mine tend to make one big payment for several invoices, I then have to record a payment for each invoice one by one.

• RonzaICTConsultingRonzaICTConsulting Member Posts: 1

i really enjoyed this thank you very much, but i am struggling to minus from an invoice its always giving me a total amount, i can't minus from the total amount the client is due from please help. most my clients they pay half of the money for example if i charge a client R2000 then he pays R1000.00 how do i send a receipt showing that the client has paid R1000.00 and R1000.00 is due.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Goldens

Thanks for this post! We think this should be something our team should be implementing in the near future. No ETA but this is on the roadmap!

Hey @Livid

Thank you for your contribution to our community with a good feature idea! Don't hesitate to keep contributing in our forum!

Hi @FredMaunze

Check out this article on accounting for overpayments on your invoices! Let us know if you have other questions

• MureyMurey Member Posts: 6

how we can save the statement and sand to the customers its any possible we can put our company stamp in statement? It would be very helpful to create a PDF statement to send to our customers.

edited May 27, 2020
  • JbnJbn Member Posts: 2

how to closed all inv in 1 click...example, My customer pay follow by montly statement and they issue 1 cheque for 1shot payment...

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Murey , to download a PDF version of the statement, right click it in Wave and select the Print option. In the Destination drop down menu you should have a "Save as PDF" option, allowing you to then send it as you wish to your customers.

@Jbn You currently still have to credit the single payment to numerous invoices by splitting it out in your Transactions page and categorizing each payment to "Payment received for an invoice in Wave."

• KentLKentL Member Posts: 5

Hi @AlexL ,when i right click the statement in Wave, can't see the select Print option, can only see the "Save Page As.." and other options instead of Print option.
    Therefore i can't save the file as PDF. Please help.
    Thanks

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there, @KentL

Below are some screenshots of what this looks like on my mac!

Let us know if you're seeing something similar on your machine.

edited June 5, 2020

Hi @BarsinA
    It looks different from my window's laptop. Can't see the Destination "Save as PDF" option after i clicked the Print link.
    The Print window will pop up with the list of available printers and Print and Cancel option button for me to select.
    I can't attach the screenshot here, but i hope you can understand what i was talking about .
    Thanks

• BrigetteBrigette Member Posts: 3

Please assist. Some of my Outstanding Invoices statement and Account Activity statements do not balance (they do not have the same closing balance). Why is this and how do I fix it?

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @KentL , thanks for getting back. If you're not able to see this option, would you be able to send a screenshot of what you do see there? As well, if the option is not there at all, it may be worth contacting your computer company/printer company for support to see if they have machine-specific insight for you, as we here in the Community are specifically Wave app experts rather than general tech support experts. An alternative would be to take a screenshot of the statement and change the file name of that image.

Hey @Brigette , thanks for reaching out. Your Account Activity statement includes invoices which have already been paid, and so the balance doesn't necessarily need to match the Outstanding Invoices balance. The Outstanding balance represents what is owed, whereas the Activity balance represents the difference between what is owed and what is paid. As well, Outstanding Invoices refers to all which is owed for all time, and Account Activity balance is for a specific time period, so it may be that the time frame chosen is excluding some outstanding invoices.

Hi @CallieP
    Thanks for your feedback. How can i attached the screenshot here? It's a jpeg file.

• vjerryfullervjerryfuller Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    Is there a way to create outstanding invoice statement between two given dates? this will helpful to send the outstanding invoices for a previous month while not showing the outstanding invoices for this month.

• KenStricklandKenStrickland Member Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm a new user and let me start by saying how impressed I am by Wave - it's awesome!
    I have set up an invoice form with my address in English. When I generate customer statements most of the address is in English but the province is in one of South Africa's ethnic languages:
    Invoice: Cape Town, Western Cape 7945
    Statement: Cape Town, iTjhingalanga-Kapa 7945
    Can I edit the statement form?

Hey again @KentL - you can attach images to your comments by clicking the icon with a square containing a mountain and sun silhouette; should be the one furthest to the right above the comment typing field. (screenshot below)

attach image

Hi @vjerryfuller , thanks for reaching out. You can create a statement for all outstanding invoices for a customer in Sales > Customer Statements, but this is for all time rather than a date range. You can find outstanding invoices for all customers within a date range in Reports > Aged Receivables. I know these are both close but not quite what you were looking for - thank you for contributing this idea here.

Hi @KenStrickland , welcome to Wave & thanks for the kind words! I'm afraid it's not possible to edit the statement in this way. Thank you for pointing out how this impacts your Wave usage.

Hi @CallieP
    Attached is the screenshot when i clicked the Print option. Can't see the Save as PDF option.

Hey @KentL , thanks for providing this screenshot! If you click 'Print to File', does it export as a PDF there? As I understand it, Print to file is an option on some print dialogs that sends printer output to a file rather than the printer!

Hi @CallieP
    Thank you for your feedback. I have tried the "Print to File" option but it didn't export the file as PDF format but other printer file extension (*.prn)

• Mr_PaulMr_Paul Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to add a 1.5% per month late finance fee to all overdue invoices shown on a customer statement? If so, how?

• Sgik_1309Sgik_1309 Member Posts: 1

It is incredible useful that I can generate and send to my customers the Customer Statement for outstanding invoices. The feature to copy the link for customers to review the statement is also great!! Thank you so much.

It will be useful if we are also given an option to " Download as PDF" on top of existing 3 options :
    1. Get share link;
    2. Print;
    3. Preview as customer.

how we can but company stamp in invoice statement

edited June 17, 2020

@KentL said:
    Hi @CallieP
    Attached is the screenshot when i clicked the Print option. Can't see the Save as PDF option.

I have the same problem too

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Murey and @KentL! Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of troubleshooting that we're able to do outside of the steps that Callie has already asked. This is something that affects each of your situations individually and uniquely, and as far as troubleshooting the print dialogue that pops up, you'd want to reach out to a local service professional in order for some help printing these statements.

@Sgik_1309 Thank you very much for that input here! We appreciate your time and context.

Hey @Mr_Paul, unfortunately that wouldn't be something that's possible on a customer statement, but you could consider adding these fees invoice-by-invoice as a line item for that particular customer. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here!

how can I can put the company stamp when paid (paid seal)