What are customer statements and when should I use them?

Comments

• FuzzleFuzzle Member Posts: 1

Hey, is it possible for you to add a feature allowing you select multiple invoices for the same customer to apply payment, instead of having to select and apply individually when they pay. Eg. you have 10 invoices for one customer and they pay in full, instead of select and applying individually, you would select all and then apply accordingly.
    Thank you

• TechConnect_JCTechConnect_JC Member Posts: 7

I can also confirm the "white circle" overlap issue in the bottom-right corner, as mentioned by @MaggieAM .

It happens on both single-page and multi-page reports.
    It affects both Outstanding Invoices and Account Activity reports.

It can be replicated by going to: More Actions > Print
    However, it does not occur when selecting More Actions > Preview as Customer

edited August 19, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @TechConnect_JC @MaggieAM

I've replicated this issue and I'm taking it to our team for further investigation. Thanks for bringing this up!

• TanPhengSoonTanPhengSoon Member Posts: 2

hi, it will be good if the page start with a list of outstanding for user to select 1 or a few

• KathrynDKathrynD Member Posts: 1

If a client has multiple invoices, it is much easier to send a concise statement. However, my client was unable to click a link to make full or partial payment.

Hey @KathrynD

I might not be understanding the context here, however if you send your client "outstanding invoices" on a customer statement, they should be able to click on the invoice link which will take them to that payment option. You have the option of sending outstanding invoices to your client so that they can pay using credit card if you're a Wave Payments user.

• StarCreationsStarCreations Member Posts: 3

Customer Statement generated is in the wrong currency, how can this be corrected and by default can it draw from currency in account setup?

• tsfjaxtsfjax Member Posts: 47 ✭✭

Hey, @Barsin: any chance you guys are looking to add retaining statements to the Roadmap? It would be useful to be able to retain statements created so we have a record of statements sent each month?

• AudreyAudrey Member Posts: 1

My customer says she is not getting the statements I send. I selected the checkbox for the statement to be sent to my email address too and I did not get it either. Is there an issue with sending statements?

• MindlosMindlos Member Posts: 1

Please help; I want my statement to be in PDF format as per customer request. How can I do that?

• VincentHoudevilleVincentHoudeville Member Posts: 1

Good day, i have a problem with the statement link. My customer can't view it, she says it asks her to sign in when she clicks on the link. Even when i sent her the PDF version of the statement, she couldn't view the invoices as it was telling her to sign in first.

Could please help me with this? https://link.waveapps.com/cf7vbd-ge8hhj (this is the link)

Kind regards,

Vincent

• ILPILP Member Posts: 8

I'm having the same problem as Vincent - when I send the link to the customer, it asks them to sign in to Wave. Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Kim

• Geoffc2006Geoffc2006 Member Posts: 1

My clients are also unable to open the statements I send. They are asked to sign in, which obviously they can't do.

• mddowns66mddowns66 Member Posts: 1

My customers are also unable to open their Statements - they are asked to sign in to Wave. Is there any resolution for this issue yet?

• shalerinlineshalerinline Member Posts: 1

Is there an ETA on non-users being able to view statements/invoices? I need to send out a large number but don't want to deal with customers calling/emailing with questions on how to view.

• SharonBPSSharonBPS Member Posts: 1

Is there a way for my customer to see the invoice without creating a wave account and login in? > @Barsin said:

Hey @TechConnect_JC @MaggieAM

I've replicated this issue and I'm taking it to our team for further investigation. Thanks for bringing this up!

When will customer be able to see the invoices send by email without having to login?

• bestrongpomadebestrongpomade Member Posts: 2

Please help us, our customers aren't able to view statements, the statement link/email ask for a username and password

• PiotrPiotr Member Posts: 2

Any ETA on fixing customer requiring login to view statement issue?

Hello all!

We're terribly sorry about the current state of our customer statement! Presently we've raised a ticket to our developers about this issue and they are investigating it!

As a workaround, we ask you to select the More actions button > Print > And here you should be able to save your print as a PDF. You can then send your customer the PDF.

Once again I do apologize for this workaround and we're hoping for a fix soon.

• Petri16Petri16 Member Posts: 1

Hi, how do I add an opening balance on a customer statement?

Hey there @Petri16

What you'll want to do here is create an invoice for this client and add a new line item called "opening balance". You can either make this a positive or negative amount to show credit or balance owed. If you'd like to skip sending the invoice you don't have to actually send it, but it should appear on your client's customer statement!
    Hope this helps :smile:

• BSMBSM Member Posts: 1

Hi Wave Team
    Is it possible to have the customer statements downloaded in PDF format please. Thank you.

• RocRoc Member Posts: 7

This is an excellent improvement to the system.

Please also add an option to create a statement which includes both paid AND unpaid invoices, but does not include all the clutter of the Account Activity.

Many of my clients require a statement of total invoices for the year, either for submission to insurance providers, taxes, or for personal records. If I send the Outstanding Invoices it only includes unpaid invoices, but if I send the Account Activity statement it contains three entries for each invoice (invoice generated, payment rec'd from insurance company, payment rec'd from client), but all we want is a simple list of the invoices for the year (or other period of time) that can be printed, or used to easily select the invoices for printing/saving at home.

Please allow a statement which looks exactly like the Outstanding Invoices statement, but including all invoices in the time period chosen.
    It is so close to being what I need now, I hope this minor change is also on the way.
    Thanks for the improvements.
    CPom

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @BSM ! At this time, I'm afraid not. Currently, you can send customer statements via email, send a share link, or print a physical copy. Thank you for mentioning the implementation of a PDF document for customer statements. We always appreciate customer feedback on how we can improve our software.

Hello @Roc ! You may be aware of this already but if you head over to the Reports page, you can generate an Income by Customer report where you can view paid and unpaid income by customer. Also, you can generate an Aged Receivables report where you can view unpaid and overdue invoices by customer. This may suffice to some degree. Thank you for your feedback on how we can improve customer statements as well, we value your input!

• CookieLadyCookieLady Member Posts: 2

Something minor. Is there a way to go into the programming to change the look of statement emails that go out? I cc open balance statements to myself and notice that a majority of my logo is not showing up, but a small portion is. It just doesn't look professional, looks like I don't pay attention to detail, and wondered how I can correct this without removing my logo in full. My logo displays perfectly on invoices but the email that generates and the customer initially views for statements is broken. If you would like an example, please message me at sherry@pictureperfectcookies.com.

• Jesse___Jesse___ Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to print statements for all customers?

hey there @CookieLady

My apologies that you're experiencing this issue on your customer statements. Currently we don't have a way to customize your statements unfortunately. I would reach out to our support staff by filing a ticket and include some screenshots in your ticket to show the issue. Our team might be able to help.

Hi @Jesse___

There isn't a way to do this all at once for all of your customers. You can only print per customer that you select from the drop down list.

• jessdibbsjessdibbs Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to add notes or comments to the bottom of the customer statements?

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @jessdibbs ! At this time, there is no "note" section available for customer statements. However, if you click the blue "Send Statement" button, you will have the option to enter a message before emailing the statement to your customer. Alternatively, you can click "More actions" and send them the Share Link via email along with anything else you'd like to share with your customer.

• VLinAssociatesVLinAssociates Member Posts: 1

is there any possibility that all statements for all customers on a given date (e.g. end of month) can be generated with one click?
    So that I don't have to click the statement button for every client we have?

edited October 23, 2020