Recent Discussions

Discussion List

• Noticed a required field under Employee Tax Details - "NRA Exemption Amount" * What is expected to be added in this field? * Does this apply for Employees who are US Citizens?
    olllllllo 44 views 3 comments Most recent by JulianP September 29, 2020 4:08PMPayroll & Employees Technical Support
  • So my first customer paid their Wave invoice invoice and selected to pay using the online credit card option. I was a bit shocked to see $288 taken off the top of my invoice for the visa charge, but whatever. It's my fault for not realizing there was a fee before I allowed that option to my customer. But the advertised advantage of the online CC …
    Daedalus 11 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL September 28, 2020 9:02PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hi everybody, I have incorporated a company in July 2020 and I was advised that I could claim back the VAT from pre-incorporation expenditure going back 48 months. To that end, are the items considered a shareholder loan or are they categorised another way? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    ShackletonSons_2020 63 views 1 comment Most recent by JulianP September 28, 2020 7:52PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hello, Is there a way to record transaction in 2 currencies at the same time, using an exchange rate of our choice? (not the one used by xe.com) so for example, let's say i bought a tshirt for 10$. Exchangee rate on xe would say the conversion to LBP would be 15,000 LBP although, in real life due to rapid inflation in Lebanon, i actually paid 50…
    ralphhaiby 2 views 1 comment Most recent by JulianP September 28, 2020 7:19PMWave Discussion
  • How to account for a loanYou’ve received a loan, so you need to account for it in Wave! This article will walk you through the process of bookkeeping, both receiving your loan, and paying it off. Accounting for receiving y... Read the full story here
    System 15.9K views 66 comments Most recent by JulianP September 28, 2020 6:27PMHelp Center Discussion
  • I use account numbers with my Chart of Accounts. What good is that if I can't search by Account Number? Over the years I have the numbers mostly memorized and it's infinitely easier to enter 509 instead of search by "dues" to find "Dues and Subscriptions." First, it should be possible to do that. Second....what use is having a…
    maddogprod 2 views 2 comments Most recent by maddogprod September 28, 2020 4:52PMAccounting Technical Support
  • My income accounts in order I have: refunds, other, sales In my income statement it shows in that order. Example: Refunds -$5000 Other $250 Sales $50000 This looks ugly. Is there any way for me to be able to reorganize the order so I can have sales on top?
    dontworryaboutit 2 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL September 28, 2020 4:52PMAccounting Technical Support
  • I want to have sales in a journal entry go to an accounts recivable account. When I have a bank deposit show, I want to DR bank and CR accounts recivable account. How exactly do I do this?
    dontworryaboutit 12 views 1 comment Most recent by AlexL September 28, 2020 4:41PMAccounting Technical Support
  • I verified my receipt and now I can't edit itWhen you verify a receipt, you're telling Wave "This is the final version – everything is correct." If you find you need to change some information, here's how to do it. When you first i... Read the full story here
    System 5.8K views 23 comments Most recent by AlexL September 28, 2020 3:24PMHelp Center Discussion
  • I picked a used camera to use for our studio. How do I expense it as there is no receipt or vendor. Also, should I put it as an expense or a capital asset as it is a pricey camera. And finally, how do I set up depreciation for it- maybe at 3% per month?
    ajaffarali 2 views 1 comment Most recent by JulianP September 28, 2020 3:19PMWave Discussion
  • motmot
    Hi How do make a transaction where a guest paid in cash and I recorded in the invoice that it’s cash on hand, but later in the week I deposit the money into the bank?
    mot 5.9K views 26 comments Most recent by Wafra1 September 28, 2020 2:52PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hello there! I am trying to invite salesperson to my business who is already added with me in another business account but he is unable to join my second business account. In invitation email click on the button for adding my business to his account but failed and getting the following error: "We've encountered an unexpected error. Our techn…
    Eagle4t Closed 31 views 2 comments Most recent by AlexL September 28, 2020 2:01PM
  • I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any mention of it. It would be great if we could duplicate an existing product then edit it to make minor changes if the items are very similar. For instance, if I sell a cable. And different lengths of the same type of cable. It'd be nice to clone the same one many times and just change…
    DarkSaiyan 2 views 0 comments Started by DarkSaiyan September 28, 2020 2:04AM Sales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • Noticed a required field under Employee Tax Details - "NRA Exemption Amount" What is expected to be added in this field?Does this apply for Employees who are US Citizens?
    olllllllo 22 views 2 comments Most recent by bufordr1 September 27, 2020 11:32PMUsing Wave
  • I already record a payment for all of bills (payment status paid), but it still appears as Bill you owe on the dashboard, how to resolve ?
    Agungecohero 66 views 2 comments Most recent by Agungecohero September 27, 2020 11:46AMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • While sending an invoice I noticed there is an option to send with Outlook, Gmail or Yahoo, but trying to send using Outlook just takes me to the login for Office 365. Even after logging into my Office 365 account I can't send using Outlook, what settings do I need to change for this to work?
    sdelvecchio 441 views 13 comments Most recent by dtwconsulting September 26, 2020 8:19PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Example, I have have 6 income types and 3 expense types from a single source, and the same from a different currenct. This is 18 accounts total. Can I have subaccounts? Example: [parent account]income amazon (USD) [sub accounts] Amazon Income:Amazon Other Credits Amazon Income:Amazon Promotional Rebates Amazon Income:Amazon Refunds Amazon Income…
    dontworryaboutit 52 views 2 comments Most recent by AlexL September 25, 2020 8:39PMAccounting Feature Ideas
  • I am not entering individual invoices or receipts. All I am entering is deposits and payments made. How do I record a payment made to pay sales tax to the government? When I try to record it in transactions and use the Sales Tax payable to Government in the COA dropdown it arrows over to where there should be more options but there are no optio…
    DeeAnn 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Barsin September 25, 2020 8:20PMUsing Wave
  • I have recently implemented Wave for my membership invoicing. As a result of that experience, I have quite a few observations and suggestions about Wave. Before I list them all - I would like to know if I can put them all into 1 post or should I put each into a separate post
    RobinS 1 view 3 comments Most recent by Barsin September 25, 2020 8:09PMSales & Invoicing Feature Ideas
  • I need to enter initial balances for bank and loans without double entry since it messes up all my entries, is that possible?
    meyers 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Barsin September 25, 2020 7:51PMHelp Center Discussion
  • I have thrown out all my bank accounts. And open new accounts with TransferWise! I am also using Stripe for my online payments. And payments with cards directly. SO my question is how do I set this up in the best way in Wave? This is how I had it setup before. Cash (USD) Cash (EUR) Cash (PHP) HSBC Bank (USD) HSBC Bank (EUR) HSBC Bank (PHP) All …
    Jesper666 601 views 4 comments Most recent by Barsin September 25, 2020 7:49PMUsing Wave
  • I was in the products and services page of the website today, when I created a new product and clicked "save". When the page refreshed I now only see two products 1 of the existing products and now the new product just created. There were previously many products and I did not click the delete on the products so all our products disap…
    _Derek_ 32 views 2 comments Most recent by Barsin September 25, 2020 6:02PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Does Wave have a feature that sends refund receipts or any type of email that informs the customer that i refunded them?
    VisionaryP_ 11 views 3 comments Most recent by Kip September 25, 2020 2:50AMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Bill created (Bill 005 for this example), as below. Shows as paid in full, brill o:) However, Account Transactions shows something quite different... :| This is reflected in the Account Balances report :/ However, the transaction itself does look correct :D Why does this bill show as not paid in full in some reports, yet p…
    SoEighty7 31 views 4 comments Most recent by AlexL September 24, 2020 7:45PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi all I have recently joined the world of "Wave", and I am still finding my feet. I have also downloaded the Wave app to my mobile, and now I wondering if it is possible to present an invoice on my mobile, when in front of a client, and being able to have them sign it? Please help
    7Stars 1 view 1 comment Most recent by AlexL September 24, 2020 7:43PMMobile Technical Support
  • Hi there, I have a question regarding how to enter this transaction in my records. I am running a Garments factory. So I have got an order from a customer for the amount of 320,000 LKR. once I have completed the order, he only took 184,400 worth garments thus returning me the rest of the garments which he didn't buy due to quality issues so he …
    Sheron_Phillips 21 views 0 comments Started by Sheron_Phillips September 24, 2020 5:25AM Help Center Discussion
  • After using Wave for many years, including payment processing and most functions, I was shocked to find out today that there appears to be no way to give a contractor or employee (salesperson, coordinator, office manager, etc.) a way to upload receipts and related info without giving them way more visibility than they need (Transactions, Cash flow…
    rwcgh 15 views 2 comments Most recent by rwcgh September 23, 2020 8:14PMWave Features
  • Hi! I'm new to WAV and the WAV Community. * Is there a maximum amount we can bill our customers? * Is there a maximum number of customers we can have in WAV?. Thanks, Tammy
    tamlarue_2020 1 view 1 comment Most recent by Barsin September 23, 2020 7:54PMSales & Invoicing Technical Support
  • Hello everybody, I'm wondering how to correctly create a transaction for a foreign currency exchange. I convert 100$ to 77£ but if I use Gain on foreign exchange and Loss on Foreign Exchange for the 2 transactions (-100$ and +77£), the major part of my expenses or income breakdown will be the foreign currency exchange. How can I label it as neut…
    MichaelBG 21 views 3 comments Most recent by Barsin September 23, 2020 6:16PMAccounting Technical Support
  • Hi I requested data export few days ago and I did not get anything so far.How long does it take?
    yanita 21 views 7 comments Most recent by Barsin September 23, 2020 6:02PMAccounting Technical Support